Shipyard Park will be one of the top venues and training facilities in the south east. The location, quality of staff and the ability to serve players at every level will make it one of the most unique sports complexes anywhere.
Cutting Edge! Charleston Baseball Academy provides the most advanced stage in the development of baseball to both of my boys. The entire CBA staff has provided years of leadership, guidance, skilled training, confidence and inspiration to our children and generations to come. We can not wait for Shipyard Park to make our experience even better!
I was fortunate at the age of 14 to meet Stan and the rest of his staff and begin working with them. They have proved to be a huge part of my development. I am really excited to see their experience as coaches paired with the incredible new facility. It will be a place where baseball players in the Charleston area can develop and work towards playing at the next level.
Our family has the highest level of respect for the Charleston Baseball Academy and the commitment they make to develop not only baseball players but exceptional young men. Stan is one of the most outstanding mentors that a young ball player and a players family could be around. The CBA staff promotes a family first setting with significance placed on working hard on and off the field in an enjoyable environment
I look forward to Shipyard Park and what it will bring to Charleston for the game of baseball. I know firsthand what Stan and his staff does in teaching young players the correct way to play the game and couldn’t be happier to have this quality of a facility in my hometown.
Having coached and worked with Stan at CBA and the Carolina Prospects, I can’t wait to see everything that Shipyard Park will have to offer! Training and development is the backbone of their organization and with this new facility, it will be one of the best in the country.
Carolina Prospects is one of the best organizations in the south east. Stan and his staff do a good job of developing players on and off the field. With the addition of the Shipyard park this organization is second to none.
Choosing the best destination for your baseball experience can be frustrating and overwhelming.
Shipyard Park makes your experience easy, fun and memorable!
- 20 acre facility surrounded by the beautiful Wando River
- Including three youth-size fields and two collegiate-size fields
- Riverfront walking path with pavilions throughout the park
- Nautical themed playground for children
- State-of-the-art indoor training facility, press boxes, scoreboards, field surfaces and covered stands
- Fantastic concessions area run by local restauranteurs
- Top-of-the-line AstroTurf specifically designed for baseball play, true bounces and natural speed of the game
- Advanced technology with more fiber than fill, sand base to perform like real sports turf
- “AstroFlect” fiber only by AstroTurf that helps cool the playing surface
- Avoid rainouts and extend the playability along with multipurpose uses
- 17,500 square foot climate-controlled training facility containing batting cages and an infield with two levels of viewing areas
- Dedicated workout area
- Facility can be configured for batting practice and drills, but also can be set up for other sports and events
- Players at all levels from youth to MLB play and train at Shipyard Park
- Attracting teams and organizations at the highest skill and competition levels
- Shipyard Park hosts events for all ages and skill levels
- Professional instruction from current/former college and MLB players and scouts
- Shipyard Park offers individual, group and team instruction
- Active and growing youth development league
- Training to help improve strength, speed and address proper nutrition
- Voted #1 in the US by readers of Conde Nast Traveler and Travel+Leisure
- Charleston International Airport less than 20 miles from Shipyard Park and is served by all major carriers
- Multiple hotels in close proximity
- Charleston, South Carolina, was voted the second-best city in the world and the best city in America and Canada